Do you get enough water? I’m not sure if it’s something from my childhood or just simply because I’m on the go, but I struggle with this basic need everyday.
Why do you need to stay hydrated?
1. Your body is made up of 60% water, so you need to maintain this balance of fluids by consuming water. Bodily fluids help with ‘digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintainence of body temperature.’
2. Water helps control calories. Simply subbing water for high calorie beverages like soda or this yummy drinks at Starbucks will help you cut the calories in a snap!
3. Water energizes your muscles. If you become dehydrated, your muscles fatigue easier. In fact it’s recommended that you drink 17 oz of water 2 hours before exercise as your body needs even more during exercise.
4. Water helps your skin look good. Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, so even if your goal is purely cosmetic, drink some H2O!
5. Water helps your kidneys. Kidneys filter the bodily fluids in your body and develop urine as a waste product. If your urine is light and clear, then you’re getting plenty of water; if it’s darker in color, drink more. Your body is working really hard to filter the waste. If you drink too little, you will be prone to developing kidney stones.
6. Water helps your bowel function, and a happy bowel makes for a happy day! Water prevents constipation. In fact the right balance of water and fiber can keep you regular!
How do you stay hydrated?
How do you track your water intake? The easiest way to track your intake is to use a water bottle and count the number of ounces you are drinking all day. Seems simple, but for many of us, it can be very difficult. There are some new bottles available on the market that even count your water for you…sounds like a great holiday gift for someone you love!
Drink up friends!
**This blog includes affiliate links for products that we recommend on Amazon.com. Any purchases made through these links will help us fund our website and future apps. Thank you!**