If you are craving the flavors of Mexican takeout, but want to save on all the extra carbs and fat, this is the recipe for you. And you can throw this together with everything that is on hand in your pantry. Couple it with the superfood base of a sweet potato and voila - dinner is served!
1. Pop the sweet potatoes into the oven and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
2. While the potatoes are baking, chop the onion and red pepper. Mince the garlic.
3. Remove from the oven and slice each potato lengthwise.
4. Scoop out the insides so that there is only a thin layer remaining lining the edges. Set aside.
5. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook the chopped vegetables until tender, about seven minutes. Season with salt to taste.
6. Drain and rinse the black beans and add to the frying pan along with the lime juice.
7. While the bean and vegetable combo is cooking, mash the mixture with the edge of a fork to break up the beans.
8. Add the cooked sweet potato insides to the bean mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
9. Stuff each potato with the bean mixture and serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and chopped parsley.
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|