Who said you can't eat Mexican and stay healthy??!! It doesn't have to be loaded with fat from cheese and sour cream. Go non-dairy and max out on the spices and you will not be sorry. So delish!
1. Chop onion and celery. Seed and chop jalapeño. Mince garlic.
2. Half each of the 4 bell peppers down vertically from the stem.
3. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
4. Sauté onion, celery and jalapeno for about 5 minutes, until soft, then add cumin and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
5. Stir in drained tomatoes (reserving liquid) and cook for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
6. Stir in black beans, quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water.
7. Cover and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
9. Stir in 1 cup of cheese and season with salt and pepper, if desired. 10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and pour reserved liquid from tomatoes in the bottom of your baking dish.
11. Fill each halved bell pepper with 3/4 cup quinoa mixture and place in baking dish.
12. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
13. Transfer stuffed bell peppers onto serving dish and drizzle pan juices over top. Enjoy!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|