1. Chop and prepare all vegetables - garlic, onions, peeled carrots, celery, and peeled potatoes. Chop the kale leaves into bite-size pieces and set aside.
2. In a large stock pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery to the pot and cook through. Once softened, add garlic and continue to cook together. Season the vegetable mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Once garlic is fragrant, add broth, potatoes and drained can of chickpeas.
4. Cook soup for 45-60 minutes over low heat to allow all the flavors to meld together. About halfway through, add oregano and thyme.
5. Continue to taste throughout cooking process and season as needed.
6. Add in the chopped kale, and cook for another 15 minutes to let the kale cook through.
6. Serve in soup bowls with crusty, warmed bread on the side. Enjoy!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|