1. Heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
2. Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a separate sauté pan, heat another tsp of olive oil. Once the pan is heated, add the diced and drained firm tofu. Allow to sauté without moving around for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to move the tofu around the pan until it is lightly seared.
4. Add the sautéed tofu to the curry pan.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added another pinch or two of salt.
6. Serve over brown rice.
7. Garnish with cilantro, and crushed red pepper flake.