Somehow the rice at the local Indian restaurant always tastes better than rice at home. Why is that? They take a couple of extra steps and season it perfectly. Follow this recipe for Indian-spiced Brown Rice to make your at-home version just as tasty!
1. Place 1 cup of brown rice in a small sauce pan with 2 1/2 cups cold salted water.
2. Add the cumin and cardamom seed directly to the saucepan.
3. Bring the pot to a boil, covered.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer, keep covered, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and let sit covered for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Rice to be fluffy using a fork, plate and top with Kale Moong Dal for a tasty, healthy riff on Indian takeout!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|