1. Bake sweet potatoes in a 350 degree oven or in a microwave. Once baked, slice in half lengthwise, and set aside to cool.
2. While your potatoes are baking, prep all of the ingredients for the stuffing. Wash and destem the kale. Chop the leaves in to small bite-size pieces and set aside.
3. Dice onion. Mince garlic cloves. Drain canellini beans.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add green onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
5. Once the onions have cooked through for 5 minutes, add the garlic for 30 seconds until they release their aroma. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
6. Add the kale and saute until it begins to wilt, approximately 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the vegetable broth, stir to combine and just bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer, and cook until kale is very soft, about 35 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. During this time, scrape out approximately 3/4 of the center of the sweet potato and mash in a bowl. Set aside. Reserve the peels intact, as they will serve as 'bowls' for the mixture during plating.
9. Add the vinegar to brighten up the kale, stir through and cook for another minute.
10. Add the drained beans, and stir mixture together.
11. Add the mashed sweet potato and stir mixture thoroughly.
12. Spoon mixture back into sweet potato peels and fill completely, even overflowing a bit.
13. Top with shredded parmesan (optional), and bake in a 350 degree oven, if desired. You can serve with out baking again, as all the ingredients have been cooked through at this point.
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|