Who knew a tofu burger could be this delicious??!! Instead of the empty carbs of frying in panko, this recipe opts for flaxseed meal, which ups your fiber intake as well. Super delicious, yet healthy and high protein!
For the tofu steaks:
1. Slice the tofu block into 4 evenly-sized steaks. You will only use 3 steaks for the recipe - 1.5/serving.
2. Dip the tofu in the almond milk to cover and then coat with the flaxseed.
3. Season to tofu steaks generously with black pepper and place on a baking tray and cook on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes turning halfway through.
For the katsu sauce:
1. In in a small sauce pan, sauté the ginger, garlic and onion in the coconut oil on a low heat for 5 minutes, until the onions are glassy.
2. Add the garam masala and curry powder and stir.
3. Now add 3.5oz water, stir and bring to the boil.
4. Add a tiny squeeze of lemon juice then add the Greek yogurt and mix well..
5. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blitz into a sauce for 1 minute. The consistency will be a creamy, light yellow sauce.
Assemble the sandwich:
1. When everything is ready, load your flatbread with the tofu burger, the salad ingredients and top with a generous portion of the delicious katsu sauce.
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|