If you've never had a parsnip, you're like most of the world. I had never had one until a few years ago, and I never even realized how delicious they would taste. The cousin to the carrot, when you cook them up, they turn out even sweeter! Paired with all veggies atop this salad and you will be full all afternoon. The perfect summer lunch.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove the beet greens from the beets. Wrap the beets individually with foil and place on a baking sheet. Place the beets in the oven and roast for 1 hour.
3. While the beets are roasting, prepare your walnuts. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. You will know the walnuts are done when they are fragrant. Be careful not to burn them!
4. When the beets are roasted through, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Using rubber gloves, peel the beets using the foil that is wrapped around them to push off the peel. When peeled slice the beets in 1" slices.
5. Place the mixed greens in your salad plate/bowl. Top with 1/2 cup Thyme-Roasted Parsnips and Onions.
6. Top with 3-4 slices of beets, 1 tablespoon feta cheese and 1 tablespoon walnuts.
7. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the salad.
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|