What nights call for soup? Tonight! Truthfully, if you whip up this brothy soup this weekend, you will have leftovers for the week. Warm, spicy and so flavorful, everyone will love this New Orleans-inspired soup.
1. Set a large heavy saucepan (Dutch oven works well) over medium heat. Add the oil and saute the garlic, carrots, onions and bell peppers, about 5 minutes.
2. Season with pepper (do not add salt at this stage or the beans will get tough while cooking).
3. Add the red beans, kale leaves, chipotles and sauce,smoked paprika, onion powder, thyme, oregano and cayenne.
4. Stir well to combine everything, and then add the bay leaves and 8 cups broth.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Season well with salt.
7. When done, remove the bay leaves.
8. Ladle 1 cup of soup into a soup bowl and top with 1/2 cup of brown rice.
9. Top with additional hot sauce (optional) for a kick!
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/spicy-vegetarian-red-beans-and-rice-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|