1. In small saucepan bring 4 cups water to a boil then turn off heat. Using a damp paper towel, wipe clean the mushrooms. Cut mushroom stems into 1 inch thick medallions, or “scallops”. Place them into the saucepan of hot water and soak for 10 minutes. Peel and mince the shallot. Remove the leaves and tender stems from the parsley, discard the tough stems, and chop the leaves and tender stems.
2. Peel the beet and dice into small, ½ inch cubes. Transfer beets to another small saucepan. Cover with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil and simmer until beets are just tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain beets and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. While the beets are cooking, peel the potatoes and dice into 1 inch cubes.
3. Once mushrooms have soaked, remove from the saucepan and pat dry. Add cubed potatoes to the same saucepan, cover with 2 inches of water, and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain, return potatoes to the saucepan, and add 2 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mash potatoes with a fork and cover to keep warm.
4. Supreme the orange by trimming both ends and cutting away the peel and pith. Working over a medium bowl, cut out the flesh segments from the pith. Squeeze the remaining juice into the bowl. Combine supremed orange wedges, 1 tbsp minced shallot, parsley, capers, champagne vinegar, and 1 tsp olive oil. Season salsa with salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add vegan butter. Once hot, add mushrooms, turning and browning on both sides for about 4 to 6 minutes each side. Transfer scallops to a plate. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tsp olive oil. Add the baby spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Mix the cooked beets into the bowl with the citrus salsa. Divide the yukon mash and sauteed spinach between your plates. Top with scallops and gold beet citrus salsa. Bon appetit!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|