1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes 1/4-inch thick. Remove and discard the ribs from the kale and then chop the leaves into 1/4-inch-thick ribbons.
3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the kale and rub the olive oil mixture into the kale leaves aggressively.
5. In a 9-inch square casserole dish, layer your ingredients - kale, cheese, breadcrumbs, potatoes. You may need to layer a couple of times.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake another 15 minutes, until the top is crispy.
7. Serve in squares and enjoy!