Truth? I never even knew about parsnips until 8 years ago. Yet, they are a very American vegetable and readily available in our grocery stores. Once you try this cousin of the carrot, your life will be forever changed. Starchy like a potato, sweet like a carrot with the bitterness of a turnip, these root vegetables are loaded with potassium. This side dish is super easy, as root vegetables are often delicious just roasted. Add it to your weekly dinner menu or try it out on the holiday table. You won't regret it.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Chop onions and parsnips into 1" pieces, either cubes or slices, depending on your preference.
3. Place all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
5. Mix well to coat all the vegetables thoroughly.
6. Line baking sheet or roasting pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
7. Spread vegetable mixture on sheet or pan, so that there are a single layer of vegetables.
8. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
9. Serve warm!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|