Prepare tofu (not included in prep time, can be done night before or earlier in the day):
1. Drain tofu - remove from packaging and wrap in paper towels. Place a plate on top of the covered tofu to assist in draining out the excess liquid. Wait at least 30 minutes before proceeding to marinating.
2. While the tofu is draining, make the marinade by combining the chili garlic paste, minced ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together to blend completely.
3. Once drained, cut the tofu into 5 steaks, place them in a shallow dish or tupperware, and pour the marinade over all of the tofu. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow the tofu to completely soak up the marinade flavor.
1. Chop peppers and broccoli into very small pieces, place in a bowl.
2. Shred carrots and add to bowl.
3. Chop mixed greens and 3 tablespoons cilantro, add to bowl, and mix all the vegetables well.
For the tofu:
1. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium-high skillet.
2. Add the 5 steaks once the pan is hot, ensuring that the additional marinade is poured over the steaks.
3. Cook on 3-5 minutes on each side. Be careful, as the marinade will burn and leave a charred flavor on the tofu.
Top with roasted peanuts, if you like and use our Cilantro Lime Dressing for this salad...delish!