Spicy, tart and sweet - all in the same bite. If you've never had salsa verde, you are missing out! Tomatillos offer the tartness, the caramelized onions provide a sweetness, and the jalapeno brings the spicy punch. We usually this salsa on top of burritos, but you can even use it as a dip for chips!
1. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add tomatillos, jalapeño pepper, and onion to skillet.
3. Saute tomatillos one one side for approximately 3-5 minutes. Tomatillos will brown on one side, and flip to brown on the other side for another 5 minutes. Add garlic. As they brown, they will soften. As they soften, break up the tomatillos and continue to cook through for another 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and place everything in your blender.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the blender - cilantro, cumin, salt and lime juice.
6. Pulse in blender for 5-10 seconds.
7. Enjoy over tacos, quesadillas, or even scrambled eggs!
**To adjust the spice of your salsa: add all the seeds/ribs of the jalapeño to the salsa for a spicier salsa, to reduce the heat, leave them out!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|