To make the crust (from King Arthur Flour):
1. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder, then mix in the butter and shortening till crumbly, leaving some pea-sized lumps.
2. Mix the vinegar with 4 tablespoons of ice water. Sprinkle onto the dry ingredients, stir, and squeeze the dough together; if it's not totally cohesive, add an additional tablespoon of water (enough to make the dough stick together nicely, without crumbling).
3. Shape the dough into a flattened rectangle, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To make the pie:
1. Pour 4 1/2 cups of Chickpea, Potato & Kale Soup into pie pan.
2. Roll the crust out slightly larger than the dish. Place it on top of the filling; cut several vent holes, and use any scraps of dough to decorate.
3. Bake the pie in a preheated 375"F oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
4. Serve warm on a cold winter night!