1. Halve the cabbage and reserve half for the Okonomiyaki. Cut the remaining cabbage in half. Cut the zucchini into planks, about 3 to 4 inches long. Drain the garbanzo beans and dry well with a paper towel.
2. Destem and roughly chop the kale. Thinly slice the scallions and Thai chile. Pick the cilantro and mint leaves from the stems and roughly chop.
3. Supreme the orange by trimming both ends and cutting away the peel and pith. Working over a medium bowl, remove the flesh segments, then squeeze out the remaining juice. Transfer the segments to a small bowl. Grate the ginger with a microplane (no need to peel) into the medium bowl with the orange juice and add the white miso paste and sesame oil. Whisk ginger-miso dressing to combine.
4. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tsp olive oil. Once hot, add the cabbage and zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning vegetables occasionally until charred in places and tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
5. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tsp olive oil. Add the garbanzos and cook, shaking the skillet frequently, until browned and crispy in places, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and add 1 tsp smoked nori spice.
6. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tbsp ginger-miso dressing with the chopped kale and massage with your hands until the leaves soften, about 1 minute. Chop the charred vegetables. To serve the salad on a large platter. Add the kale, chopped vegetables, and crispy chickpeas. Top with sliced scallion, chiles, orange, herbs, and remaining smoked nori spice. Serve with remaining ginger-miso dressing. Dig in!
Calorie Burn TimeLog In to estimate
|? min||? min||? min||? min|